They sure do have a lot of them and good for the people of the island.

Another ‘nothing going on’ kind of day - breakfast on our lanai and then some serious pool time. Met a couple from Michigan, our neighbors from slightly down the block, and exchanged island war stories which was pleasant. Lunched in our Villa and then some R & R - because we’d had such a very exhausting day so far.

Dinner tonight was at Mary’s Boon. It seemed like a good idea at the time since we wanted to say hello to one of the waiters whom we’ve known for years. It was an okay dinner but the best part was the BBC, the first one I’ve had since we arrived. It was very good……

Things I’ve noticed so far this trip…….

The old Cheri’s at Maho village is under construction, supposedly purchased by he who owns Three Amigos, also at Maho. The rumor is it’s going to be developed with five different restaurants and there’s lots of construction going on there now. Concrete was being poured the other day.

yesterday and the day before the crowds at Maho Beach plane watching were insane. You could scarcely find room to stand on the beach and they were all over the road with little or no concern for the car traffic.

one of our neighbors here at BSV has a rental car with a very sensitive alarm and every day when AIR FRANCE departs it sets off his alarm and he has to come out and turn it off. It’s something you can almost set your watch by.

Last night, for the first time ever, we heard the music everyone complains about coming from the Karachter end of the beach. We were inside with the tv and the airco both on and we could actually feel the thrumming tempo of the music vibrating through the concrete floors here. And come bedtime, even moreso.

it’s been very breezy - borderline windy - and DH was wishing he wore long pants to dinner tonight.

the skies were slightly overcast today and Saba? She be gone again although she was vaguely visible earlier this week. I have it on good authority, she’ll be back.

The super yacht off our beach, “The Rising Sun” was built in 2008 for the princely dum of $400,000,000.00 and has been frequently leased by such notables as Oprah and Leonardo DI Caprio if anybody cares. I think we’ll have to pass……..

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."