Originally Posted by steve74
Has anyone found a good anchor app that accurately monitors the boat? I have Anchor and Anchor Pro, but either I am struggling with proper placement of the anchor location (to accommodate for wind changes and swing) or GPS accuracy is inconsistent. I have had multiple false alarms during the night that obviously freak us out. I need to study up more to confirm that it’s not user error, but if you’ve had the same experience and have found a more accurate app, please share.

I use Anchor Pro . You may need to increase the distance for GPS accuracy if that is what is alarming(set alarm noise different for GPS accuracy). Try to set anchor as soon as deploying, ideally from bow, but Late Set works nice as well. (This does not help when you leave boat and go ashore, as it is not tracking boat, but obviously tracking your phone).

Also you can see track on the map on phone. When Anchored, I leave chart plotter on (dimmed) with tracker on so that you can readily tell if you are swinging and/or dragging.

Wes
s/v Sea Tiger (2022 Lagoon 46)
www.BareBoatBVI.com