Honestly, which company is best for you depends on what your individual circumstances are. Everyone has different wants and needs. For us, we normally book either frequent flyer tickets or air tickets that are changeable and most places we stay would change our bookings to a different date if we had some kind of an issue, so we mostly are interested in medical evac and recently, Covid coverage. We book our insurance these days through Insure My Trip, which is a TTOL sponsor. You can purchase insurance there through a wide variety of companies, after you have compared them side by side. I can look at exact coverages, such as whether the policy is PRIMARY health insurance (much better if it is primary coverage, where they pay directly, as compared to you having to shell out $50K, and then try to get the money back from them later), what the amount of the medical evac is (some policies are under $50K, which to me, there's no way that is enough coverage), those kinds of things. Also, where does the medical evac take you back to. Some policies just take you back to the closest available hospital, which might be great if you live in Florida, not so great if you live in Washington State. If you book your insurance through the link here on TTOL, TTOL gets a small commission, and your cost is exactly the same.

Carol Hill