We arrived today on the late Miami to SXM flight. Arrived around 3:30 PM. Those on the earlier Miami to SXM flight were not so lucky, as the flight was cancelled!! I have no idea why. We were talking to a couple gals at Miami today who were supposed to be on the early Miami-SXM flight. Fortunately for them, they were both able to get on our flight. I didn't get any reason why that flight was cancelled.

We got our car from AAA, dropped our bags at Beachside Villas and went to Carrefour to pick up supplies for the week. We had originally intended to buy something to cook on the grill for dinner, but by the time we did the 5 PM bridge opening and got through all the traffic going toward P'burg, we decided that Mark's was a better option. So we got most of our supplies and I went over to Mark's and placed an order to go, while Eric stayed behind to finish our order and pay for it. I made the sacrifice to sit and order a drink at the bar while I was waiting for our food. Eric showed up (rather earlier than I expected!!) and we collected our dinner and were off, back to BSV.

PRICE COMPARISON---We ordered drinks from the bar at Miami today, both doubles, grant you, but only one drink apiece. That, with mandatory 18% service charge, added up to $50.................. Fast forward to Mark's this evening... We got one drink apiece, Bacardi and sprite for me, Tangueray and tonic,for Eric, along with one order to go of what they call "garlic chicken", which I would call
Fettucino Alfredo with chicken, and an order of garlic bread. Total cost, including tip at Mark's. $28.50 .. Priceless.

Carol Hill