We have done powercats many times with Moorings on the old 484s and the now 514s. Our next trip in 2023 will be on the new 545. A boat captain with any power experience especially with 2 motors will have no issues. The beauty about the BVI's is everything is close and in eye shot from island to island. Where captains have problems on a cat is the throttle. Remember go slow and slight movements. Seems newer captains jam those throttles forward to mush and lunge the boat forward. They only need a tapping forward. I bring down a couple things and make a rigging system on the bow for grabbing mooring balls. We are hooked up in less than 30 seconds. You can PM me if you like. Dont be afraid of a powercat they are very easy to handle. They will provide you with a captain at no charge up to 4 hours to get you comfortable and signed off. They have some great captains that will give you great pointers and info. I have just compared marineMax and Moorings again and MarineMax is always 2K to 5K more. They will tell you about the excellent service and I have not chartered with them before so I think they would have that with their reputation. What left a bad taste in my mouth was 2017 in the mooring field of Levericks a MarineMax charter came in doing circles trying to get a ball. The boat was listing over and we went to help and learned that the captain had never driven a boat before and was allowed to take the boat. They had torn the shaft, prop and rudder system off the port side when they drove over the reef in Anegada. They cruised and the boat kept turning to starboard due to the port side was missing. Somehow luckily they made it 14 miles across the channel and into North Sound. They contacted marineMax and they were told to get off the boat and let is sink! The captain had no idea how to call a mayday or if his bilge pumps were on. We nursed the boat over to Leverick's fuel dock and a pump boat assisted pumping the water out of the boat. The next morning MarineMax sent a crew over and a diver stated there was a 5 ft hole in the bottom of the boat. The plugged it and towed the boat away. They were willing to let this boat sink in the Sound all for insurance money and not thinking of the eco-system they charter in. So I say choose wisely. Have a great time!!

Cruising the local waters here in SC and GA. Love the BVIs and miss the Tradewinds!