I thought this thread was done, BUT before it goes out in the weeds....my friend, his buddy and their wives have decided to charter a PC with Moorings. "Buddy" owns and operates a river boat charter company, has a 100T Masters, from the little I know he well exceeds the qualification checklist!! As I said at the beginning, my friend has chartered in the BVI's once and had a bad experience, Buddy has never been to the BVI's, with recommendations here and a little research they decided on the boat and charter company that fit their needs.

I asked the question about chartering a sail cat and not actually raising a sail, I now understand the negatives with this, but FYI Moorings sent them a link to the new owners version Leopard 42, pretty nice! Moorings said if someone on your crew has sail cat experience they could charter that. So, it sounds like at least Moorings requires sail experience.

I haven't heard from them in a couple weeks. Now that the hard part of choosing the boat is done they'll start asking more detailed questions I'm sure. They charter in March 2023.