Originally Posted by toast
I remember your closing statement from the grad trip about " in the blink of any eye" still choke up from that!
I actually booked it around a star clipper cruise out of Venice through Croatia and around the tip of Italy ending in Rome.

So we are starting with a weekish in Corniglia ( Cinque Terra)
and then a weekish in Bellagio , leading up to 4 days in Venice prior to boarding the sailing vessel for an 11 day cruise.
In Rome for 4 days then off to Tuscany for 2 weeks, not too far from Lucca, ending with 4 days in Florence.

We are doing Air BNB all along the way and I did look at the Lake Como spot you stayed in, actually, before settling on Bellagio. I think it is so much more immersive to stay in a local home than a hotel.

I am planning on training everywhere with the exception of renting a car out of Rome so we can meander anywhere we want while in Tuscany! I am going to use your hiking app as well. MY big dilemna will be cellular I would like to find an option beside the $10 per day option I use currently. The time frame will put my bill pretty high at $10 per day . Also looking into surf shark which will allow us to use an IP as if we are in the USA and have better access to things my husband needs ( streaming TV, I know, dreadful)

Hi Diane... Get a local sim, works out far better and cheaper. Alternatively, check out if your phone supports an eSim. If it does then you can get that loaded in advance of your trip and know that it'll work. Lots of the more expensive phones (Apple, Samsung, Sony) support them. Unfortunately my cheap Chinese phone doesn't sad