Previous post is accurate. We went at high tide, (I know.. gluttons for punishment.) There were quite a few dry parking spots and 30-40 cars there; turns out many were surfers who couldn't get into the next park south which was closed. Very little unwashed beach, many folks basically sitting in the dunes. We plopped down next to the entrance on a iittle piece of dry sand and I built a small dike that did keep the lapping waves away. But all our stuff except for chairs and cooler was up 2 ft on the edge of the dune anyway. At least there was no cliff in the beach, thankfully, so it was easy walking on water's edge. Beautiful day that got even better as the tide went out giving lots more room. We even played horseshoes! Sadly a train of showers started in around mid-afternoon so we bugged out (no-see-ums were bad anyway), But hey, who's complaining getting almost 6 hours of nekkid fun the day after a hurricane hit!! Pretty darn lucky, I'd say.
I should add that our local friend warned us against going to the north beach (Mudd Creek) as a big pond usually forms across the path in the lee of the dunes. Someone said they tried it and had to wade through the pond, but the beach was beautiful. We may head there tomorrow as the south, regular Blind Creek parking lot and beach could be sardine-city given the high tide at late morning.

Last edited by ChuckG; 11/12/2022 07:39 AM.

Chuck and Joni