Regarding dinner out, something that is pretty new to SXM, and we haven't been there, but it looks exciting, is Bamboo House. Link to their website here They have sushi, etc., but also a full regular menu, for carnivores. The view looks amazing. We haven't been there yet, but it is on the list to try for next June.

For 'beach bar' type places, a fairly new place is the Sandbox. It is in the complex with the Morgan Resort (formerly Caravanseri). Casual food, on the water, live music a few nights a week. For an upscale new beach bar on the Dutch side, there is Kalatua. We haven't been there, and frankly it doesn't appeal to me, because their beach chairs are literally ON the sand and it would be difficult for me to get up and down on them. It is fairly expensive, but I guess gets good reviews.

As far as Anse Marcel Beach Club, I would not do it more than one time per trip, for sure, but we have definitely enjoyed it. If you do decide to do it, you need to make reservations, including a reservation for one of the cabanas on the beach. A totally decadent experience, but lovely.

Carol Hill