I would have called him John ... I'm sure your spelling is correct lol. He was there and was, in fact, the one who explained the system to me. Although, I'm a big people watcher and had eventually figured out what was happening from my seat in the middle back row. He was not rude to us and nor were we. I let my husband do the talking as he is much more patient than me, but I don't have a good poker face and he knew I was frustrated. If you go often enough to be considered a regular, you will have good service, no doubt. I'm sure this system works well for them, but if they're busy and you're not a regular, my money is on you having a similar experience to ours. I am used to the American way of first come first served, and being systematically placed into the last category, intentionally, just doesn't sit well with me.

No doubt, it was a busy day. And there is an argument for his honesty I suppose...but if they had just taken our order and stacked it up in the kitchen, it probably wouldn't have rubbed me so much the wrong way. But refusing to take orders for us and the group on one side of us, while explaining that the group on the other side were regulars and thus, got their order taken first just really was a hard pill to swallow, especially when you're already hangry. In any event, my husband left a tip that was far more generous that I thought the situation warranted, and we left shortly after our very late lunch.

I really didn't intend this post to be bashing Le String... I was truly really looking forward to our experience there...it just did not turn out as I'd expected based on my research, which happens of course.

Laura