Since two restaurants are mentioned and we visited them a few weeks ago, I thought I’d chime in. But first, after staying there for 19 years, I want to give a big thanks to Deb and Doug for being great hosts at the Horny Toad. Now, as far as the restaurant Amore, four of us went there as it was recommended to us. After we received our menus, which were quite large with many choices, the owner stopped by and had a ten minute rant (or so it seemed) about how it’s not customer service but customer “care”. He finally left after what seemed forever, and we ordered drinks and dinner. Our meal ended and we discussed our meals in the car. The highest grade we gave was a C plus. Mine was a C minus and even that was being nice. I should also mention my beer came in a glass, not in the bottle I asked for. Also, the waitress took away my friend’s wine before she had a chance to finish it. We realize the restaurant was only open a few weeks and to be fair, the menu was vast and I’m sure there was something they had we all could have agreed on. It just wasn’t our night. Astra was a first for us this trip. We just walked in not knowing what to expect. The owner was very pleasant, welcomed us, and told us to sit where we wanted. Our appetizer and meal were good (an A plus and B plus in case you were wondering). Astra’s staff were kind and helpful. I can’t remember if we ordered carrot cake, but if we did, I doubt it would be as good as the Palms.