Hi Everybody. I've been pretty quiet on the forum because some big changes have come about in me and my husband's lives and we have decided to take an opportunity extended to us and move to the south of England! I'm American and he's English and some really exciting job opportunities have come about for him to work in and around the south east and for me to work in Southampton.

We are currently sorting my visa now and should be ready to go by the summer! I'm wondering from those who have relocated, how did you go about finding a home? We know we want to live in Bournemouth (or just near there). We have been to England (and this area in particular) together many times to visit his family and have a pretty good idea of what we want in terms of houses but I'm still undecided if we should wait to buy or get it all sorted in the coming months so we can just get right on with our lives when we get there. Here is just an example of things in the area ( http://www.palmersnell.co.uk/forsaleoffice/Castle-Lane/1249 ) and we are hoping that something perfect comes along for us.

Any advice, or tips for a relocating couple? We have children, but the youngest has just moved out this year (good timing!). I'm very excited but overwhelmed all at the same time!