OMG. I have just looked at that estate agents' details. They are appalling and you must be horrified. Please, please, please try other agents. These photos are very poor and the properties appear dire. They might be true and realistic, but if so the price of properties in this area are way too high! For the price stated I would not even consider any of these houses. Although to be fair, I would not expect to pay less than £500k for a reasonable 3 bedroomed property in the overall area close to Bournemouth. .

If these prices prove to be realistic for the area and too high for you, look further to the west, away from London, there is always a dividing line where property prices drop considerably. For example we found that Winchester was such a line. Eastwards you could easily pay £100K more than ten miles to the west.

Rent, rent, rent whilst you are considering areas and becoming cognisant with local prices. I remember here that one couple thought our house too highly priced and subsequently bought a property in a village only two miles away. Once they had moved, they very quickly learned that they had made a major mistake, our village had so many more facilities and safety factors even, well worth the extra £s. They were extremely unhappy and quickly tried to resell the property. They have now lost several thousands of pounds and moved completely out of the area. They realised, far too late, that local knowledge is essential.

Be wary. Good luck. Living in England can be a fantastic place and south England is beautiful.