Thanks for all the feedback everyone! JP, I'll reach out soon, much appreciated! While we are well out from our trip, 1) I am a planner, and just enjoy having a trip like this on the agenda to look forward to; and 2) I travel for work occassionally, and if there's a tie to be broken, I'll book where I can earn some miles to help pay for the trip.

As you all have said, hopefully the pricing on that AA MIA-EIS route settles down in the next few months. If the pricing was reasonable, JAX-MIA-EIS would be the no brainer for us, but we can't afford to spend $1,200 pp each way if that's what it's going to cost. MK, congrats on nabbing those $320 tickets! If you think of it, let us know here about the flight experience.

Again, thanks for your descriptions of all of those options. This is super helpful in giving me some directions to look and probably set up some fare alerts to see what pops up. At the end of the day, I'm looking for the fewest connections possible, the least amount of travel time possible, and ideally save a few bucks that can be spent on painkillers and/or water taxi, etc.

Thanks again!