Just bought aa tickets from Miami to STT in Nov/dec and the fare for 2 was about $850 About ready to buy some tickets for August and again the fare is about $425 each
person round trip.

I guess what annoys me the most lately is the ferry companies. I used to tip the guys that moved the luggage. Now that the ferry companies charge me $10/bag including carry on, I no longer tip . They are charging me to move the luggage so why should I tip.

I have also noticed that my house tax has gone ;up a lot. It seems that the BVI government cannot live within its means (What government can!!) and yet services have gone down. They used to take care of the government road to my villa. and clean the beaches. They no longer do that so I have taken on the job of doing that including buying special equipment to rake the road, , fill the holes and a beach cleaning machine. etc. Seems like the only thing that is still free is garbage collection.

The cost of bringing in a 40 ft container is now over $9000 without any government fee, import duties etc.

Frankly I blame a lot of this on the idiots and morons that are in the USA government. I have never seen such a collection of misfits. Any private company would get rid of them in a heartbeat..

It is also now cheaper for me to fly the plane into EIS (and pay $1000 for "handling) than to go commercial. I can fly 9 persons into EIS from Vero Beach for $3200 (fuel costs) Of course there are additional costs like the pilot , who is on salary and aircraft maintenance, insurance etc

I also note that at least 8 persons flew to the coronation. I sure hope that was their own nickel. (But I know better)

tpcook