I had wanted to follow Scubaman's example and post some pictures of my room at Horny Toad, but most of them are too large. Maybe later when I do a full report.

Night before last, I was awakened at 1:15 a.m. by a very loud pop/bang, followed by the sound of gushing water. At first I thought, thunder and heavy rain. Then I realized that the rain was . . . in my room. I got up and saw heavy gushing from the ceiling in my clothes closet. I reached in for some shoes (getting rained on in the process) and headed to the owners' building. Fortunately, Debbie was awake and up, as she was trying to figure out why the dogs were barking. I told her about the gushing water and that my room was flooding. She came back with me and said it was the pipe to the hot water heater that broke. She went to the pump room to turn off the hot water. She returned with an armful of towels. I had already grabbed a broom and was sweeping the water out onto the balcony, where I could hear it "raining" on the cement below, as the balcony is slanted. For about the next hour, Debbie sopped up water with towels, squeezing them in the shower. I continued sweeping; there was about 1/4" of standing water. Eventually we had gotten rid of enough that I could go back to sleep.

The next morning, I went to breakfast. When I returned, the pipe had been fixed and the maids were cleaning the very dirty floors. I headed out to a pool day with friends staying at La Terasse. Upon returning to the Toad to shower before dinner, I was informed that there was more water in my room, and they didn't know where it was coming from. The repairman was working in my room, cutting out drywall in the closet to see if there was water behind the walls. There was, and it seemed to be coming UP from down below. They all left to let me shower and leave and returned to see what could be done.

When I returned from dinner, Debbie said they still didn't know where it was coming from. There was a large wastebasket in the closet to catch water from a pipe in the walls. It was about a third filled when I got up this morning. So I'm packing up much of my stuff and will be moving to another room soon. There's lots more detail I'm leaving out, but I'm exhausted and can't wait to get settled and back to some semblance of normalcy. Reporting here has taken a back seat.

[Linked Image]