Arrived early yesterday at our Beacon Hill rental. Went by the new beach bar out of curiosity. Maybe to late as not a lot of people around so the service was good and drinks cold. As the previous business that was there, it’s still pretty basic beach bar no frills necessarily but adequate. A lot of beach bars seems like now on Simpson bay, everyone is interested in something new at first but we still much prefer Buccaneers or The Boon as their facilities are much nicer and more amenities. Plus they are long time loyal islanders. Roxy is nice but not our thing and expensive.

As I understand it, pretty sure Jessica still owns that beach bar property in the hotel, because he also owns the property down the beach at Karakter and leases it out. It was her late fathers property years ago and might have some family issues as far as selling it. But I understand she was trying to develop the property around karakter for a condo. Topper I think was still building those condos next to the new beach bar on Simpson bay as seen in the picture. I think it’s called The Drake. Fairly expensive from what I’ve heard. His Beacon Hill project is under protest probably rightfully so since it’s just to big and out of place for the neighborhood. Let’s see what happens. Seems like it’s still a who you know thing.

Last edited by foreversxm; 09/18/2023 11:20 AM.