I did comment about our arrival on the longer thread about this but no problem and glad to do so again if it will help anyone.

We arrived closely behind AA around 1:30 and it was a total mess. And I say that acknowledging that I had wheel chair porterage. The island concessionaires are wonderful at what they do and how they do it, btw, but the new arrangement is horrible. They deserve big fat tips for their efficiency and attitude.

The AA bags hadn’t hit the carousel and JB had to wait for that to happen first. One carousel and four huge planes later I’m sure there were a lot of angry visitors.

Tthere is not enough standing room to accommodate one plane let alone two and with sporadic rain squalls blowing through not everyone was able to wait inside., and for sure, not enough room to park the wheelchairs to allow the porters to claim your bags. Very little thought went into this, I’m sure..

If you happen to arrive on a very early flight and/or are the ONLY plane there you’ll be golden. If not, good luck!! We came in on Sunday and I thought that was good planning on my part. Not really……..but my daughter came in on a Thursday at 10:30 ish with no luggage and was through the airport and on her beach after picking up her rental car in way under an hour. It’s great if you don’t need to claim luggage and yours is an early flight.

Last edited by pat; 10/31/2023 04:19 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."