Based on bdeely's post from the owner/manager this morning, I questioned the service charge on my bill today; I was a single. I first talked with the bartender, who initially told me they had a new system and today was the first day the SC appeared on bills. I told him I knew that was not true and that absent a SC, I usually tipped 20% but with the SC often no more. He replied that's why they don't like the SC. Then he tried to tell me it was at the discretion of the server but he also said they could remove it; I asked him to do so. Again, ONLY because of what bdeely was told, I asked to speak to the owner. They referred to a "she," but a young gentleman came out to speak to me. I neglected to get his name (my bad) but I'd say he was late 30s/early 40s. I explained we'd been told there was a SC only for parties of six or more. He said they had a new system and recently changed from 20% to 15%. I said for parties of six or more? No, for EVERYONE. I told him what I thought about an added SC; he said, so we should change it back to 20%? I said, no, zero. He thanked me for my opinion, and that was the end of it.

Please, no comments about "you're on vacation, don't worry about it." I am bringing this up ONLY because of what bdeely was told as that was not my experience today. Perhaps the owners haven't all gotten together to iron this out.

On the plus side, I really liked the cabana and was glad they didn't have enough umbrellas. My tuna tartare was very good, and service was attentive. And best of all, I met MotownTim!!

[Linked Image]