I'm returning to the BVIs in April 2024. It will be my first visit in 5 years (my last 2 charters were in the Grenadines and there was the pandemic which impacted my sailing trips).

My questions are related to what has changed. I've been following people's experiences on the board and, as usual, TTOL remains a fantastic resource.

Ferry from USVI to BVI
Do I need to book a ferry in advance? I see mixed messages here and on a couple BVI Facebook groups that I'm a member of. My tentative plan is to arrive on a Thursday but leave on a Sunday.

On previous visits, checking luggage on the ferry was encouraged but not mandatory. I travel with carry on only and would prefer to keep it with me. On previous crossings I've seen luggage get piled up on the bow and get soaked on the crossing and I've also seen stuff unloaded at West End with the owners bound for Roadtown. Do I have to check my gear on the ferry no matter what the size?

Boaty Ball
We are 2 boats with most on their first visit to the BVIs so they'll want to hit the popular spots. My thoughts are the chances of both boats getting a BB reservation seem slim (based on comments people post about everything booked by 705AM).

How less busy is it in April than February (the only month I've ever visited)? Do we need to concern ourselves with BB in April?

We'll be there during Full Moon and on past trips, Trellis Bay has always filled up early (sometimes the day before). Are we likely to get a mooring in TB the day of the April FMP? How are the other FMP in the BVIs?

Thanks in advance

Don