Originally Posted by GaKaye
For the record, Buccaneer is on Kim Sha Beach. Yes, I'm a stickler for accuracy; I don't apologize for that. And while you're clearly a cheerleader for Mary's Boon, our experiences there, over more than one year, were so bad, that it will be a long time before I go there again, if ever.

That's funny, point made Kim She Beach on Simpson Bay. I would cheerlead for a lot of places, just IMO. I tend to go by popular opinion we walk that beach often and it just seems like judging by the almost always full parking and beach chairs and other comments a lot of people like Mary Boon also. Yes everyone as a opinion and Yes seem to read over and over your not a fan of Mary boon , who know why but I would image because of the former horrible Bar management they had a few years back that got some bad reviews. We had an obnoxious awful waiter a year ago but he’s long gone and we stayed away also for a bit. My husband isn’t as forgiving as I am. Things have definitely changed, new managers and chefs and things constantly evolve in that business. One off day or bad employee can have a big impact on impression and my last visit a month ago was very good. I try not to be to narrow minded to realize that so often I'll go back and will go back to Dinghy bar. I to like the big beach at Dinghy. My thought about Mary Boon was that its just such a pretty property more than a beach bar and they seem to have a very friendly long term staff and the overall experience of spending a day there is better than most. But its been there I think for 4 or 5 decades so I am pretty sure if neither of us ever go back it will do just fine. Buccaneer (on Kim sha beach) is a nice property to and little nicer than most beach bars. IMO smile

Last edited by foreversxm; 11/30/2023 10:23 AM.