We arrived last Sunday; I've already posted about our airport arrival, so won't repeat that. Our trip down wasn't without drama, from my TSA Precheck disappearing before security in Raleigh, to a low tire on the plane in Charlotte, which required us to deplane while that was changed. Still, after getting our car, checking in to our unit at La Vista Beach, and meeting Todd and MJ for dinner at Lal's, it was all a distant memory.

We've spent most days at one beach or another: Dinghys, LTC, Friars, and are going to Coco today. Monday was our traditional pool day at Brad and Lora's villa, complete with a catered breakfast. We've reconnected with island friends, both residents and visitors.

Dinner Monday was at The Palms, where I enjoyed my favorite Drunken Ribs, a couple of margaritas, and Jo's delicious espresso martini for dessert. David got Greg's homemade beef stew.

Wednesday night we went to Secret Seafood House. We weren't very hungry after having fish tacos (very good, BTW) at Dinghys, so shared a conch fritters appetizer and a seafood pasta dish. The dish was good, although we didn't get what we ordered. The setting is lovely, and we'll give them another chance.

It's hard to believe we have less than two weeks left!