All rentals are within walking distance to club o... just head to the beach and saunter along, distracted by the 20+ beach bars calling your name until you reach the famous c/o sign.

club o on the other hand is not walking distance to anywhere at night. beware.

taxis: since 2009, I have travelled 2x/yr for a total of six weeks/yr on 10+ islands and have never rented a car. after 8 visits to orient bay, I still preferred taking taxi. the cost is a little more as renting a car, yes however all parties can imbibe and none of us have to be concerned about car/property theft or parking. there is an inconvenience of waiting for the taxi, but pick the right driver and you are set for your entire trip. I have been fortunate to 'add on' to existing rides wherever I go. get to know a taxi driver and ask him when he is going in your direction... the cost has been free to near nothing for us every time.

if you stay in the village, you will enjoy the square live bands, plenty of restaurants and bikini beach bar late at night, all within walking distance.

consider renting self catering apts. check homeaway, vrbo, flipkey, wheretostay, wiol, expedia, kayak, hotels.com and many other sites. be aware st martin does not provide toilet paper or soap or dish soap or.... yeah, one of the drawbacks that makes no sense to me.

hope this helps. you will love orient beach. so many beach bars and so little time.

don't forget to say: good morning/afternoon/evening to the locals.

enjoy your first trip and don't forget to write a trip report.

(OK no bashing me.. it's getting old)