We flew Jet Blue out of Boston at 10 AM.
On entering the plane, I told the flight attendant that I would give the pilot $100 if he got us in before KLM (due to arrive 35 minutes before us). She told me "Well, we ARE in a hurry so you might just make that"
They announced on take off that the flight was expected to be 3 hours 39 minutes which is the fastest we have ever made it.
The flight was great.
We arrived in SXM and beat KLM!!! I think KLM must have been delayed.
And no, the pilot did not ask for his $100 though I would have gladly given it to him!

We deplaned via ramp to the tarmac way far away from the airport. There was no bus waiting for us and most of the passengers were off the plane before one arrived.
I had requested wheelchair service since I had heard here that there would be much standing around. We waited probably 15 minutes before the first bus arrived.

We got onto the bus and arrived into the temporary arrival building. I am so grateful for this site because had I not know about the lines, I would have been standing and standing and standing. Something my back just cannot do.
The lines to get into the arrival facility were LONG. I mean LONG. We had arrived after four other large flights including American, United, Spiirit and one other. With wheelchair service, luckily, there is a separate line to go though immigration.
We got quickly through immigration and then onto baggage. Our wait for baggage was not terribly long (although again, I was grateful for the wheel chair). Maybe 45 minutes.
A porter was there to help us since Michael couldn't handle all the bags.
Out the door we went. Both the porter and wheelchair guy helped us til we found Lesley and Shirley from Kenny's car rental. The porter loaded our bags into the car.
And we were off!
A big thanks to this board for letting us know about the delays getting out of the airport. I think I would have been in a LOT of pain had I not opted to use wheelchair.
I will say that one of my fellow wheelchair assist people was a first timer to the island. She couldn't believe the lines to get into the arrival facility.

Once out of the airport, off we went to see Sylvain at Select Wine Cellar. I had contacted him on Friday to ask how late he was open since i was expecting to be even longer in the airport.
He said he didn't want to see us without wine for the weekend and he would try to wait for us. Thankfully it was only 4:30!
So, we had a glass or two of wine with him, chose our wines and off to Divi we went.

Sometimes arriving later on a Saturday can be problematic at Divi. But this time, the line was only one person long to check in.
We were greeted with great smiles from Sandra and a hug. Check in was a breeze.
Then we had to get our parking pass and welcome package from the concierge.

I was truly pissed off with this. First, the woman would not let me get the "welcome package" until both Michael and I were there. After flying all day, dealing with the airport and being tired, we wanted to split up, get everything taken care of and get back to our room. She said, "No, everyone has to be here for me to give you this." She then called her manager over when Michael joined me,
We told him we had been coming for 20 years. He proceeded with telling us stuff like the manager's party. I got a little upset with him. I said "We know all this. We've been coming for 20 years"
This "welcome package" is just a way for us to get signed up for an "Owner's update" which is nothing of the kind. It is just a way to sell more timeshare. There is NO Update. He actually got a little huffy with me. I'm sorry. Don't be pestering people for stuff like this after flying all day, dealing with the airport etc. Let me get some downtime. I can tell you that I will be sharing my concerns with the manager at the manager's party!

Once we arrived to our room, we found it well stocked by Jeannie of Shop and Drop. What a great service this is. Food and water were waiting for us. We unpacked and we could finally relax.

Sadly I am up entirely too early this morning. But I am so happy to be here.