Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Too techy for me. I could hardly get past the Merry Christmas.

Does not apply to our Canada friends but......I was going to try Whatsapp this visit to Aruba as a test BUT we got two new S23+'s from T-Mobile for next to nothing AND they included an International calling and data plan which we tested instead. No sim cards, apps or added calling plan needed

We made calls back home. most on wifi calling, received calls from USA on cell service, and maybe four short restaurant reservation calls on Island using the local provider...and MANY texts, google searches, pics sent and Waze driving directions on Island using local cell service...a true test

I just checked my usage and billing and it was no cost for any of the calls (supposed to be 25 cents/min International) and no data/roaming costs (unlimited free international) . (Go5G/55+ plan)

Definitely passed my test and will be used on SXM and in Europe soon. I know it's not worth getting a new provider just for a vacation but definitely look into it when you do need to upgrade.

I do not work for T-Mobile but I was VERY hesitant to switch from Verizon...thus the deserved praise and relief