We seriously looked into this pre-covid. You sound like me- all giddy and enthusiastic. I had months of communication and ran numbers every which way hoping to make it look more attractive than it really was. And I finally came to a few conclusions. The way our numbers ran, there was no real profit to be had. The profit was being able to use the boat for our vacations ( although not too much because you had to at least break even!). It also isn't as cut and dry as you think where it comes to "writing off your vacation". I will just leave it at "you can't have your cake and eat it too" with income/taxes. The other part is that no matter what, boats are a declining asset. In a few short years that new boat is now an old boat and you are faced with choices. I was someone that also needed the numbers and those numbers weren't anything like I expected. Also be sure to be honest with yourself if you are really a boat person or are you just looking for a way to get yourself to the BVI more and this seemed a promising thought? I was the latter. I love being on the water, love boats but I finally realized boats are small quarters and while fun for a vacation once in a while, I had no desire to make it a habit. You may very well be the opposite but ask yourself the hard questions and take a LOT of time and do a LOT of research before deciding. I started out with one feeling and at the end of the process felt completely different. We scratched the boat and bought a beach cottage instead and were instantly profitable. Land. Buy Land. They aren't making more of it.