Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
To add to the above comments your day 1 is a bit ambitious. You probably have less than a 50-50 shot at winning the boatyball lottery for Cooper in June on a Saturday.

It would be a Sunday but really? Even if I get up early and try for the ball at 7:00 am? I was thinking that in June it would be easier - wow.

If you do win I would head over to Peter at Deadman’s bay for a lunch stop then up to Cooper if off the dock by 11. If you get off the dock late I would just go straight to Cooper. If you don’t get a reserved ball at Cooper I would consider just going to the Bight. You can hit the Indians as you approach if a ball is available. From there grab a ball and dinghy to the caves. Try the Boatyball lottery again and if you win head up at your leisure. If you lose head up early to get a FCFS ball. It’s a great place to hang out for an entire day.

This is all helpful. You are probably right that it might be too much to try and do Norman/Willy T AND Cooper - depending on when we can get away from the dock - and I DON'T want this to be a regimented, "got to leave now to stay on schedule" kind of trip. Hmm, I definitely want to do Willy T and I don't think I want to do it on the last night so I think it has to be the first day.

I could skip Cooper but it sounds like it's a great place. Okay, something to ponder.

Question: Can I get a ball and pay something like a day rate or is it like if I pick up a ball - whether FCFS or whatever - am I paying the nightly fee? What if I just want to stop at Cooper for lunch and then continue on - am I still paying the full price for a ball? Do I just anchor outside the mooring field in that case?

As far as the paddle board they take up no space and are no issue to have onboard. They are not rented locally at most places so if you want one just have the Moorings put it on.

Thanks, this helps.