Tuesday we intended to spend at La Playa but the water was so rough that even my husband wasn’t going to get in it.
We knew that Grand Case beach had been closed for swimming but were told that would be lifted in a day or two, so decided to check it out. We ended up being the first or second ones at Tropics down near Frenchy’s. Chairs were cheap enough to justify a few hours to see how the waves were. Plenty of people in the water along the length of the beach. Tropics is not fancy and by the time we left, the chairs were packed way too close together for my usual preference, but the beach service was excellent and we were happy to have some time in the water. After we’d had our fill we walked the beach back to the car, stopping for lunch at the LoLo’s for crab backs, fried plaintain, and ti punch. Along the way admired the refurbished Jolie Hotel where we spent our honeymoon pre Irma. It looks great. Mourned the section of the Love hotel where we first fell in love with Grand Case sunsets. It was a nice day on one of our favorite beaches.

Dinner was excellent at L’Petit in Orient Village. Burgers with foi gras, great fries, a good negroni. I’ll attach the specials. This place was great and we would do it again. We ended up on L’Atelier’s patio for a night cap.

Attached Files IMG_5261.jpegIMG_5260.jpegIMG_5263.jpegIMG_5273.jpegIMG_0719.jpegIMG_5271.jpegIMG_5259.jpegIMG_5262.jpeg