I think the pool is always open. The security will sit around it quite a bit very late in the evenings. I have never seen any rules stating the times the pool is open, so I assume you can use it 24/7 as long as you are respectful of everyone close by (not to noisy) although I am not 100% sure about this. The pool is unheated but the weather is always nice so the water is comfortable. I have never seen many people actually swimming in the pool although it is a very beautiful pool area. You will find some people who sit around the pool the loungers in the sun. The loungers are 1st come 1st serve. I believe that you have to get them out of the pool house and put them back when you are done. We never had a time when there was not a lounger available if we wanted one.

The beach in front of Mont Vernon is nice and very quiet. There are not any places to rent chairs so you need to have your own. Many of the condos come with chairs and an umbrella. You may want to check with the person you rented from if the condo has any available. If not I believe they can be rented from somebody on the island. I don't know who but I have seen it posted on this site before. I'm sure somebody around here has that information.

The Mont Vernon property is usually very quiet. We have met many nice people there. We have never had any problems with anybody yet. Probably the only down fall of Mont Vernon that I can think of is the parking. Nothing is close to the condos. I think it is easiest to park in the lower lot (gravel by the tennis court) and walk to you condo. As long as you are capable of walking up and down step and inclines you will be fine. There are some parking spots in the upper lots but they are pretty crowded and hard to maneuver around in.

As far as any other advice goes I will say one more thing. Please keep in mind that this is not a resort and does not have any staff to service you other than the security to keep you safe. Although we have never even come close to needing the security or ever felt like we were not 100% safe, even walking around after dark. This property is an old resort which was converted to condos so it is up to the individual condo owners to maintain and service there unit. If you have any other questions let me know. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Hope you have a great vacation.