We went to our owner update with Haresh. He tells us that as of yesterday, Divi will only be with II and not with RCI. And of course, you can still trade around into other Divis.
We also went to the manager's party on Monday night. For the first time, they actually introduced some managers to us. There was a guy from corporate in North Carolina there. They also introduced us to the new executive chef, the front desk manager, maintenance and an HR person.
I took this as an opportunity to speak with them.
I spoke to the executive chef and asked him what he was going to do about the food at the resort. While I was talking to him, a few other people came up with the same questions. Iwan seems very dedicated to making the food AND service at the restaurants far better. He actually acknowledged that service is a disaster in the restaurants. In all of my talks with the higher ups at the resort, no one has actually acknowledged that bad service IS part of the issue.
Apparently there is a re-launch of Toucan's next week (while we are still here) and I am actually excited to see what he may have done. We did eat at Gizmo's for lunch one day and I have to say, the service was good! A huge step in the right direction!
I complimented the front desk manager to the guy from corporate. Sandra truly is the best thing that has ever happened at the front desk. The process is much better streamlined.
It will be most interesting to see the changes as they evolve here. So far so good!
One issue I have always had is that the music at Gizmo's reverberates across Little Bay. They have built a bandstand of sorts and that does seem to limit the sound carrying across the bay. (Although I suspect it does little to prevent the people in the casitas from being blasted).