I just returned from a tasty dinner at the Captain's Rib Shack on Kim Sha beach. I'd been there many times in the past but hadn't returned in a while. I noticed two things, the first just an observation but the second disturbed me enough to make me think twice about returning:

1. It is no longer a LoLo and a simple meal including two sides is $24 plus drinks.

2. The bill contains a line item for 15% service charge. While that isn't necessarily an issue, underneath the total in a somewhat bigger font they have several lines showing what the 15%, 20% and 25% tip amounts are, and they are based on the meal price that already includes 15% service. The unwary would then look at the 15% amount and add at least that to the bill - making a grand total of over 30% service charge; and if one adds the higher amounts as suggested on the bill it is easy to reach a 50% tip. And it really still is just a BBQ place with benches for seating right on the main strip and not a place where one might envision paying extra for good service.

[Linked Image]