Originally Posted by OceanSong
tmsxmsails:

Getting into Eustatia Sound under most conditions is not particularly challenging. The entrance channel at Saba Rock is well marked and sufficiently deep for virtually any catamaran and I would think for most monohulls. I have found my charts, C-Map and Navionics, to be accurate. When entering in good sunlight, the reefs are clearly visible. The Oil Nut Bay reef entrance (where the monohull went aground) is challenging.

If conditions are right the anchorage on the east side (some may consider it the NE side) of Prickly, closer to Prickly, but between Prickly and Eustatia, is a great spot. Beautiful water, good holding, and usually not too crowded. One can enter from the north of Prickly, after rounding Opuntia Point directly into the anchorage. The entrance is very wide, easy to navigate, and there’s plenty of water for most sailboats. The main obstacle is a reef to port upon entering after rounding Opuntia Point. Again, well charted, visible in good conditions, and the reef is at least 250 - 300 yards off to port.

Many charter companies redline this area as well. Owners have more flexibility.