As a family, we now have about 12 to 14 weeks of charter experience in the BVI, and we are still learning. Here is an idea - recognizing that there are some bull-headed people who charter these boats - but my guess is that most really want to learn prior to chartering.

Maybe there should be a "List of Lessons" created to teach best practices categorized by each facet of the adventure (dinghy, anchoring, mooring, how to use the toilets, water usage, navigating, safety, docking, etc.). The people on this forum could come up with 5 or 10 quickly in each category, so I can only imagine what the base teams could come up with given the things they have seen. For example, in the mooring and safety categories, don't moor a huge boat in heavier winds and seas since the wind and swell put extra pressure on the mooring hardware! In the dinghy section, don't try to beach a dinghy in swell, and especially don't stand between a dinghy and the beach in swell.

The lessons could be 2 to 4 sentences each (with exceptions where needed) and the documents could be like an FAQ where new things are added over time.

Maybe this has been done - if so, I haven't seen it.