I was thinking of things I should tell the couple we are taking on our upcoming trip and the first thing I thought of was something along the lines of "Don't get your hands caught in [censored] (stuff)."

I think newbies tend not to realize the immense forces involved in all things large boat and think that they can: hold the mooring painter, get another wrap around the winch, hold the boat off the dock, hang onto the roller furling line when the genny fills, (add any number of ways you can hurt yourself).

It's a fine line between properly warning them about the various things that can hurt them, and scaring them and having them be overly nervous about what could happen and not enjoy the trip.

My next two would be the MOB stuff (someone watches and points to the MOB the entire time, etc.) and the "Don't question me if I raise my voice/urgency tone" thing.

@Laura, I want to hear more about the crowd that gets rule 2 with the alternate to the first beer clause. I may have to come up with a whole new rule/reward system! toast