AA has started 'dynamic' frequent flier mile tickets. This means that it is not necessarily 30,000 roundtrip, it's going to be dynamic based on demand for that flight/time period. It's usually best to try to book your frequent flyer tickets the moment that date becomes available (11 months in advance). Otherwise, you have to constantly check your flight and wait patiently for it to drop down to the usual mileage. That may or may not happen. In addition, the dollar cost for taxes/fees is all over the map depending on which airports you are flying through, or if you are on one of their partner airlines.

Also, they changed their points so that you only get max points for a flight if booked through their website.

My mileage off my AA credit card only posts when the credit card statement is issued. My date is 9th of each month and the miles are in my account by about the 11th.

I gave up finding frequent flyer tickets for next trip in June. Right now my flight SAN to EIS through Miami is 150,000 points for one roundtrip!!! Basically the same points if I look 11 months ahead, but only 45,000 points if I went through STT