I am sure that I should give Marks another try, I only gave it one and based on the reviews I should give it another try. I acknowledge that, and someday will. But, it is in a parking lot with intent to enclose enough so you do not look out (at least when we were there). A very significant difference in my opinion from looking out into open air and the surrounding buildings and activity going on.

I usually stay in the Simpson Bay to Cupecoy area range, so the places in these areas are a lot more likely to get my business. For the first time in all our trips ever on island we did not go over the hill to Phillipsburg once! We simply had too good of weather to not do beach days every day so unlike in 2013 where we had a lot of rain.

Did not really want to start a Marks vs The Palms but The Palms has Greg, his big belly laugh and warm heart. His mom and dad are fantastic as is all his staff. Add to that his drinks are excellent and his food is good and you always feel welcome there even if just stopping in for a drink or appetizer. Best Tabouli Salad anywhere I will add. This is why they are liked so much, it just feels right. Also, if he has his burger, simply the best on island and yes, even better than the one at Dreams (sorry Bruno).

I did not do a trip report so I will also take just a moment to mention another place that people should try. Marty's! The location next to Toppers at a glance does not look that inviting but you should give it a try. To be honest I do not care for his appetizers but his main course items like his Hurricane Shrimp are fantastic and well presented and I would add very reasonable in price. The place does not have the flair of some of the other places along the strip, at a glance, but it is entertaining especially when Marty and Lori are there.

Cheers,
T

I prefer the Isle seat