|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,060
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Tom
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,440
Joined: August 2000
|
|
|
22 members (Sxmtm, Tmo42, JayBee, Marie, Ottoman, DavidMartha, geomo, SXMFOX, Rbailey, Two2go, KC2SXM, LaDuke, Fran, barryvabeach, RogerAndBeth, 7 invisible),
383
guests, and
74
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 35 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 35 Likes: 1 |
I've been thinking about the same. We (three boats) did Turkey in October and really enjoyed it. The Med sailing is much different from BVI - distances are longer and depths are far deeper. Almost no mooring balls, so all anchoring and med mooring. Wasn't a problem with the Jeanneau 64, it had 300ft of chain. One of the other boats only had 100ft and that was a challenge. Once you get the hang of med moor it isn't so bad, but it can have a steep learning curve.
License wise - you will need an IPC at the minimum - if you are ASA103/104 or US sailing bareboat grad they can facilitate it for you. First time I've had to show my credentials in a decade!
I'm thinking of chartering for a week out of Lavrion and sailing around the islands. You really need two weeks to cover the area though. Send me a DM if you're interested in joining up as a flotilla. I will likely have 2 or 3 other boats with me - I am an Instructor for a couple sailing clubs.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|