|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,060
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Tom
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,440
Joined: August 2000
|
|
|
18 members (RogerAndBeth, Good Boy Gus, KC2SXM, pandpfromcanada, marksxm, polaris, kodack, TracyT, DBESXM, NumberCruncher, BeckyMac, 2Travelers, Shelly C, christina, 4 invisible),
402
guests, and
56
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382 Likes: 2 |
I know this is a BVI sub but clearly it's also a de facto "Chartering in General" sub so I hope you'll indulge my questions.
Life long sailor with ten-ish charters in BVI's and St. Martin. I'm thinking about trying the Greek Islands but I have some questions/reservations taking this next step. Here are some of my concerns (in no particular order).
Certification - Seems like I've read that you need some kind of certification but I'm unclear on the details
Med Mooring - I've watched the YouTube examples but I've never done it. Seems like it's easy in the calm and a potential disaster in cross winds.
Provider - For better or worse, I'm just more comfortable with using The Moorings but I think I read that they outsource their service to others in Greece. What's the scoop on providers?
Logistics - How much of a hassle is it getting to and from the charter area and what are the best places to go?
Language - I sadly only speak English - how much of an issue is that?
I'm really on the fence on this. I like the idea of exploring a new, exotic area but I'm not sure I want to deal with the extra effort of getting there and dealing with the extra stress. Interested to hear your thoughts, experiences and any other words of wisdom you might have to help me decide.
Thanks!
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|