Thank you for your responses.

One issue is that though I applied for 5 year USCG registration more than a year ago, the application is still pending and Moorings obtained a 1-year BVI "home based" vessel registration. I had been led to believe that this prevented me from using the Roam app to enter the USVI, which the officer in Cruz Bay seemed to confirm.

The second issue is that I have been led to believe that a Moorings boat chartered to paying customers was classed as a commercial vessel, while our boat, with just my wife, myself (the owners) and non-paying US citizen guests aboard would qualify as a pleasure vessel and that this also affected the eligibility to enter the USVI using the Roam app.

Ultimately, it may depend somewhat on the officer processing the request, but I do not like leaving myself open to reprimand, so I prefer to know I am operating within the rules, even if the processing authority doesn't know or doesn't care.


M4200 MANTA