We were at Chief's Camp for 5 days in November. Flew from Maun on a Cessna 206 to the same landing strip used by Mombo.

I had a new Olympus E-1 with a 14-54 and a 50-200 which is the 35mm equivalent to 28-108 and 100-400. I used them both a lot. I had a light tripod but would recommend at least a monopod for some of the shots. Some of the early morning and late afternoon shots did not have much light.

It sounds like you are spending time experimenting with your camera which is a good idea. It also sounds like storage and file size will not be a problem so I suggest shooting in RAW as well as JPEG. If you have tiemwhen you get home to edit then RAW will give you a lot of flexibility. It won't correct for a really bad exposure but you can do a lot with color and white balance if you need to in RAW. I still have not had the time to do much editing but here are a few of the photos I took. Most of them are Botswana but a few are Capetown and I think there is one of the Penguins in Simons Town. http://www.pbase.com/rm3/africa

I am very jealous of your trip and want to go back!

rm3