My sense is that too many cooks will spoil the both. With a face to face sit down to meal plan or inputs from crew to the Galley Wench (the designated meal organizer) via email, you avoid this problem.

We did the second option. My daughter is a skilled cook in home, aboard or camping. She did an excellent job of putting a meal plan together getting inputs from all 6 of us. On a seven day trip we ate ashore three times.

We placed a single order with Riteway in advance for staples/non-perishables and shopped one day early for the rest. We just added these to our order and it was delivered along with the stuff we ordered in advance after we boarded for the sleep aboard.

Had a total advance order price and split this 6 ways. As Captain, I got paid in advance and then paid the bill with a credit card when we picked it up. We planned a re-provisioning kitty at an agreed upon per person price and this covered the pick up of a few things we ran short of or planned to get on the way. What was left over paid for one of our meals ashore (Top of the Baths).

Everyone pitched in for meal prep and clean up. No assigned duties. All of us know where we fit in. Many meals pre-prepared and packaged in advance, simplifying meal prep aboard.

This approach worked out very well for the 6 of us on a 7 day itinerary.

Last edited by jbuch02; 01/21/2015 12:17 AM.