The Brasserie de Marigot on Rue de Gaulle was great. It was the place where all the French people hung out. The owners Solonge and her husband along with their daughter, Oceania were wonderful people and the food was authentic French, delicious, and quite reasonable. It didn't hurt to know a little French because except for Oceania no one spoke English. However, you could just point to what you wanted on the menu and every thing would work out. Boy, I miss that place. Oh I forgot. We found the place before our first trip to St. Martin by getting a Fromer's guide which highly recommended the place. We had our then 19 year old daughter with us and there was a young waiter who tried to impress her. He did semi-acrobatic maneuvers with trays as the walked, more like pranced, across the floor. On one occasion, he was carrying a two foot in diameter tray full of salt and pepper shakers when he lost control and the went flying all over the place. The whole restaurant erupted in laughter and his face turned bright red. I'll never forget that.