raftmaster1 said:
A member of the management team at The Villas @ Simpson Bay told me that there are no noise ordinances on SXM and that when the authorities are approached about the blaring music, their response is "Well they have a permit." This is yet another insult to timeshare owners and renters that SXM scorns even as they suck up their cash to the tune of $50 a week for timeshare tax. Outrageous!

Do you think residents enjoy the noise? I live close to LaVista where they have karaoke on Wed. night. I'm sick to death of the caterwauling going on over there. It's so nice to have a nice breeze blowing through the house at night while watching tv or having a late dinner but then someone who had a bit too much to drink starts to "sing"! We always end up closing the windows to keep the noise out. So it's not an insult to timeshare owners or renters. It's an insult to everyone who doesn't enjoy this type of thing. A lot of the places that feature live music or karaoke think this is what the tourists want.
On another note, I saw the double decker bus giving a tour to some older tourists. As it neared me, I could hear rap music blasting from the bus. The riders didn't look impressed. In my opinion, they should take a poll on what people actually want or expect on a Caribbean island.