My first time was actually on a cruise in 2000. The only catch is that it was not until recently that I figured out that St. Maarten was a port of call on that cruise, so the cruise didn’t leave me with that great of a first impression. I was flipping through pictures last year and I saw the ‘Welcome to St Maarten” sign at the old cruise port. That is when I figured out I was actually there before.

What I consider my first real visit to St Martin was a few years ago when we were looking a vacation destination that we could use our hotel points at. We found the Radisson Blu in Anse Marcel. We reserved our room for a week and booked our plane tickets on Delta. We had a wonderful vacation and enjoyed it so much that we booked again for the following year (on points again).

We have been going back every year ever since. We no longer stay at the Radisson. We now rent a condo thru VRBO in Mont Vernon. We absolutely love our time on island and can’t wait for the following year to come around again. I am sure that once we can get more time off of work that we will extend our time to probably 2 or 3 trips per year. Only time will tell though.