CottageGirl said:
So how long did you have food in your polar bear cooler until you could get it in a fridge?

Meats and fish were packed in zip lock bags, air removed and placed in the freezer set at the lowest temperature setting for 24h. The meats and fish were removed, un-zipped and a small amount of water was splashed in each package. The packages were re-zipped, air removed and placed back in the freezer for three days.

Cooler was packed at 6am, 4 techno ice pks placed on top of the meat and checked as baggage at the airport at 9am. We arrived in STT around 1pm and at Tamarind resort about 4p. I checked the meats/fish and they were still frozen solid. This was 10h after packing. There was room in Tamarind's kitchen freezer and we put the whole thing in there until it was taken out on Saturday around noon.

When I got to the boat about 2:30p and opened the cooler the meats and fish were still frozen rock solid. They were transferred into the boats freezer and remained frozen until used.

The Polar Bear Coolers may be the best on the market as far as I am concerned. They are compact and really sturdy. I have the 48 and love it. It was our deck cooler for drinks on the boat. It held a bag of ice about a day and 1/2. That is remarkable.