Finally got around to downloading some pictures. So this part of the report (Part III) will have pictures.

Going back, wanted to post a few pictures of Tamarind Club and Nautilust as we first saw her on Friday before our Saturday Charter started. There’s a few other pictures of our first two days in RT too.

Here’s what you see when you pull up in front of the Tamarind …… it’s enough to make you turn around but it’s very nice, warm and friendly inside.

[Linked Image]

Inside views:

[Linked Image]

Clint (left) and his Dad (the owner). Nice folk.

[Linked Image]

Pussers in RT. We ate there for lunch on Friday. It’s really very good. Nothing special but prices are reasonable and food good.

[Linked Image]

Nautilust, 2015 Beneteau, Oceanis 41, 3c/2h getting prepped for our charter at DYC.

[Linked Image]

Forward cabin, home sweet home for two weeks.
[Linked Image].

I'm sorry, Mal. I had 3 pictures of our group that dined at Frenchman's on Friday night before our charter. All of them were too dark to post. Had a great meal there with Manpot (Malcom) and his wife Candice.

First night: Great Harbor, Peter Island. 45 minute sail (a reach) or motor from Hodges Creek, good holding if you want to anchor, in front of the first line of balls to the far east corner of the anchorage, go to about 20 feet of depth under the keel in a sandy spot (about 100 yards from a nice PRIVATE beach belonging to Peter Island Resort) or just take a ball which is what we did. The breeze can be pretty strong coming through a gap at that end of Peter. If you anchor, watch your turning room to the West but you can put out 150+ feet of chain and get a good bite.

[Linked Image]

There's a nice looking bar at the West side of the anchorage that is a pretty good dinghy ride away. We tried it. We were the only folks there. Less than friendly and welcoming. Suspect staff was ready to close up.

Surprising good snorkeling along this Southern side of the anchorage. You can dinghy down to the western end and just drift back to the east. Lots of good sized fish.

[Linked Image]

Doug takes the helm enroute to Norman and the Caves.

[Linked Image]

Following a morning swim and snorkeling at the Caves, we moved to Cooper Island where we pulled in for lunch at Manchioneel Bay. The water here is spectacularly clear. Enjoyed the day on a ball and ate dinner at the Cooper Island Resort.

No pictures. We were enjoying the great meal and excellent service. $18-35 plates (and a less expensive Tapas menu w/plates in the $6-8 range). Reasonable wines $32 and up. Had the Ahi Tuna at $32. Excellent. I’d put this high on my list of spots to visit for any BVI Charter.

Sunrise at Cooper Island

[Linked Image]

Ann, my wife, and Terri, Doug’s wife.

[img]http://i186.photobucket.com/al...50720_18_50_55_Pro_zpsplvk1jo9.jpg[/img]

Following our night at Cooper, we headed to Monkey Point for some snorkeling and then to Marina Cay for the night. Pictures later because after this initial stop, we took a ball there once more and anchored there one more time. It’s a very good spot, nice breeze and up close/protected by the reef that runs NE to SW it is flat. It is also very convenient to a lot of BVI features/anchorages, fuel, ice, water and provisions all close by either at Marina Cay or just across the way at Trellis.

From Marina Cay we set out for the Dogs to snorkel and have lunch. This is the only place we saw Jellies and, yes, the lee shore of Great Dog was full of them. I snorkeled, it was OK not great, Jellies didn’t bother me at all. From there we headed to North Sound.

This routing including the short sail from Marina Cay to Great Dog is really nice as it cuts what is about a 2-3h sail, into the Trades, direct to North Sound from Marina Cay into two short segments...... something we wanted to do to keep our crew happy.

There were no slips at Leverick (or BEYC) due to the Puerto Rican Navy there for Christmas in July. That’s not a dig on these boaters. They are super friendly folks with nice kids and they are all, it appeared, good seaman. We ran in to a lot of them, same ones, again and again. Hard not to! If you’re chartering in the last two weeks of July, consider this and make your slip reservations at Leverick WAY early.

We took a ball at Saba Rock. This turned out to be an excellent choice. Free bag of ice and free water. We did the VG Island tour from there but picked up a rental from L&S at Leverick (arranged by Leverick Resort staff). $65 for the day. Cabs are an option and there are plenty of them but a rental is far and away cheaper for parties of 4 or more.

Went to the Baths before 11a as planned. Parking lot was empty and boats were just starting to arrive in the anchorage. Filled up fast! The restaurant there was packed when we’d finished up exploring. Opted for another place but it is a good place to eat.

Only have two pictures worth posting. One of the Baths (another view) and one of my favorite spots on VG for the cooling breezes in July (it is really hot in any place without a breeze), views and the food. Hog Heaven. It's probably up there about 1500 feet from sea level, maybe a bit more, the temperature difference in the shade is astounding. Still hot in the sun. Eat the ribs, drink Pain Killers. Excellent!

[img]http://i186.photobucket.com/al...50724_12_45_48_Pro_zpsuu1w5gwh.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i186.photobucket.com/al...50724_14_33_15_Pro_zpsgwqrqud7.jpg[/img]

After two great days in North Sound which included a tour of BEYC, we were off to Anegada. BEYC is very nice but pricy as far as I am concerned. The accommodations along the beach are showing some age. Did not look at the rooms. They offer a terrific sailing school for kids and the place is family oriented. Everything you might need there is present including a decent store for provisions.

[img]http://i186.photobucket.com/al...50725_10_07_16_Pro_zpsk5ssdanx.jpg[/img]

I wish I had some Saba Rock photos. Really liked this spot with the same characteristics as Marina Cay but with a more active bar. Packed with visiting folks from PR. We all had a good time. Good overnight spot too. Good breeze and flat.

Here's our crew from L to R :Doug Dillon at the helm, Sound Engineer for the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra (and others), me, retired, USMC and mostly retired Physician Assistant, my wife, Ann, Terri Dillon, Doug's wife and Fund Raiser for Northwestern University in Chicago.

[img]http://i186.photobucket.com/al...50727_11_13_45_Pro_zps18td5hvj.jpg[/img]

Finally and with great respect, the guy who I hired on as crew but taught me more about running a boat in 2 weeks than I had previously learned in my lifetime, Captain Russell Bertrand. Yes, that Bertrand ..... his Uncle, John, was the first skipper of an America's Cup yacht to rest the Cup from the Americans Aboard Australia I.

[img]http://i186.photobucket.com/al...50727_12_24_51_Pro_zps0mq7pr1t.jpg[/img]

More in Part IV