I haven't looked at airfares back home (Toronto) this year at all, so can't help you there. BUT ... there are laws against storing IP addresses in analytics for the purpose of feeding you one price and someone else another. That's a major no-no.

By the way, for anyone who has a big brother thing; you can always go to your browser preferences and choose "do not track". That way, no analytics programmes can follow you and they can't store your IP. I only know this because I had a situation yesterday where I had a "questionable" inquiry and I wanted to see if it was for real or if I was being played.

I went to my analytics log files to check to see what this person had done before and after sending in their inquiry. Turns out they were part of the 9% of all people who actually knew you can make that selection in your browser ... at least you can if you have a relatively new device or computer. They will still know if you are on their website and they will know your IP address, but they cannot store any info about you. Once you leave the site, your info is gone.

Try using a friend's computer from a different location to see if you get different prices. I'm betting you won't. My guess is that it is a combination of the weak Canadian dollar and money grubbing airlines.

Have you tried flying WestJet into St. Martin? From St. Maarten, you can get a flight to Tortola on Liat. West Jet has always had the best rates I was able to find ... but I've never flown out of Ottawa.

Try them. The dates may be little wacky because they don't offer flights every day of the week, but if you can work your vacation around their schedule, I have found that WestJet are quite a bit cheaper than most.