If you have Verizon in the US they have a new international add on package feature for 10.00 per day that taps into your home package. so you can use it just like being at home. It works very well an uses Lime 3G speeds. Be careful in the USVI as that is " consider roaming for Voice but " free " for data and messaging

Make sure your phone switches carriers by shutting off and back on if you are on the ferry headed to BVIs for example.

Another good feature of the daily plan is if you do not want to use it for a day or 2 just shut off the cellular data and you will not be charged 10.00 for that day. They will send you a text message as a reminder each day about the same time you activated the service. Mine was at 2 AM for some reason.

I just got back last night and we used it from Jost to Leverick to Anegada and back.

I also have a Digicel Mifi which worked well too but I did have some setup issues early on. ( 25.00 for 1 gig for 30 days )

Oh also you can turn your hot spot on and others can use the VZ plan as well. ( I was on iPhone 6 ) FYI....hop this helps, just call VZ and add to your plan and pay 10.00 only when you use it.