After my trip last week, i have pretty much had it with the BVI ferry system. Each one hour trip took two and a half hours thanks to ferry lateness, waiting offshore for docked ferries to move to make room, line ups at immigration (somebody made the decision not to let passengers off while the previous ferry passengers were still in line to get processed at Customs), baggage screw ups (bags for two different destinations were piled together so people getting off at West End didn't know where their bags were and they had to wade through piles at the front, back and in the cabin), new visitors did not know that West End was not Roadtown so the ferry after leaving WE had to make an about face to go back and get them (a nice gesture but better communications between crew and passengers could have avoided this).

So for next year's trip, i am looking at flying directly to EIS (i figure the extra money will be worth it to keep my blood pressure under control).

I always carry a carry on Martin travel guitar when I travel. It is approximately 3/4 size of a regular sized guitar and with its case, it comes in around 32-34 inches in length. It fits above the seat in regular passenger jets including the Embraer commuter jet.

Does anybody know how this would work with the smaller commuter propeller planes that Seaborne or Air BVI (are they still around??)??? Its a soft shelled case so it wouldn't work well as a checked bag. I'm thinking of upgrading to a baby Taylor which is a bit longer but again I'm wondering how it would fit with local commuter planes around the islands (anyone ever seen one on one of those smaller twin engine Cessna's)????

Plan B is to strap it on my back and swim from Charlotte Amalie to West End....

cs