Patty,

So sorry you had this experience which isn't the best way to end an otherwise great vacation.

No one can say for sure once there's a second party involved, but we've had several friends and acquaintances who have had similar experiences when booking AA and Delta through both Expdia and Travelocity and each time the airline said the problem stemmed from who they booked and how they booked, and the airlines involved have made the same claims. I always thought that was a cop out but I'm starting to wonder.

We always book directly with the carrier, typically AA but occasionally JB depending on who has the best flights and prices for the flights we want and then we follow up regularly in checking their websites for any changes that might take place. We did have a similar problem once with AA but they tracked us down in SXM and notified us of the problem and went out of their way to accommodate us.

I could be wrong but I'm thinking in the future your husband should follow your lead and book directly with the carrier. At least then they can't tell you the other involved party is the one who messed things up.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."